- January – A Celebration of Hemlocks, Egbert Picnic Area
- February – Frozen Waterfalls, Alexander Bike Lot
- March – Bedford History, Viaduct Park
- April – Thomas Jefferson’s Wildflower, Hemlock Creek Picnic Area
- May – Ferns in Spring, Willis Picnic Area
- June – Butterflies of Astorhurst, Astorhurst Park
- July – Tinker’s Creek Stream Walk, Hemlock Creek Picnic Area
- August – Hemlock Creek Stream Walk, Hemlock Creek Picnic Area
- September – Tree Identification, Egbert Picnic Area
- October – Fall Color Hike, Egbert Picnic Area
- November – Citizen Science, Hutchison Field
- December – Dusk to Darkness, Astorhurst Park
Overview: Volunteer Naturalist Fred Losi will guide an in-stream exploration of Deerlick Creek. Three beautiful waterfalls will be explored: Fishbowl, Bridal Veil and Quarry Falls. Wettable footwear is advisable for walking in the creek. Some trail hiking included.
We had a fun group on Saturday's adventure in Deerlick Creek. It included visits to many scenic locations in remote Bedford Reservation including Poet's Cave, Tumble Rock Glen, Fishbowl Falls, Bridal Veil Falls and the confluence with Tinker's Creek. Here are some links to photos and other interesting items of interest.
I hope that everyone will consider joining me on future hikes listed in my Nature Calendar. You will find the next three months programs listed. For 2019, here is my early draft of activities. Please make suggestions as I enjoy adjusting based on feedback.
These blog entries will be related to my interest in nature.